Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Ice Skating!

The other night I was watching Dancing on Ice and noticed that many of the jumps and spins have been changed from when I used to ice skate. I skated from the age of 9 until I was 17. Now since Dancing on Ice has been on I have noticed they have been using a lot of American names for jumps and spins as well as part of the ice boots themselves. The sharp points at the front of the blade was called a toe rake but now I see they are calling them toe picks! Waltz jump used to be a cherry flip! What on earth is happening? We are always adopting new names for things which many people who have known the names for yars have to change.

A little while ago during the last school holidays I took my 5 year old little boy to ice skate for the first time. I did not like the ice rink as it was seriously hopeless and the ice boots were more like speed skates which are not suitable for little ones as the ones with toe rakes are safer!

Why can't some things keep to what they used to be when they were better! They always have to change things for the worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment